Oracle has enhances the lean-supply capabilities of its E-Business Suite with Release 12.1.
Stephen Slade, senior director for applications and industries marketing, said: “With an integrated suite approach, companies can install supply chain technologies quickly, for fast ROI and simplified patching and maintenance.”
* Manufacturing Operations Centre, which centralises real-time shop-floor data from multiple production systems to help supply chain managers optimise manufacturing performance.
* Demand Signal Repository captures demand data, such as in-store daily sales totals, to give retail and consumer packaged goods companies insights into reducing inventory, improving service, and cutting costs.
* Spare Parts Planning – a new capability within Oracle Advanced Planning helps manufacturers maintain optimum levels of spare parts, a key requirement to take advantage of maintenance and repair services.
* Oracle Sourcing On Demand: Organisation can now run technology for optimising sourcing using a subscription service.
* Order Fulfilment: New features help organisation achieve the elements of a perfect order to lower online shopping-cart abandonment rates, inaccurate orders, or order delays due to stock outages.