Tuesday 13th Nov 2018 - Logistics & Supply Chain

DFDS finalises Channel joint venture

DFDS has finalised its joint venture with Louis Dreyfus Armateurs which combines DFDS’ Channel operations and LD Lines’ ferry operations.

The plan is to develop a long term, operation on the Channel with primary focus on the freight market, and expand DFDS’ presence in the significant French transport market.

DFDS will have an 82 per cent stake in the joint venture while LDA will hold the remaining 18 per cent.

The JV will operate seven channel ferries on four routes: Dover-Calais, Dover-Dunkirk, Portsmouth-Le Havre, and Newhaven-Dieppe. It will also operate the Marseille-Tunis route.

The planned integration process has now been kicked off and is expected to be completed by the end of 2013, including integration of all business systems.

Get Weekly Logistics & Supply Chain News
Get Weekly Logistics & Supply Chain News
Thank you for your subscription